- A local swimming pool business is moving into the former Hart’s Hardware building. Bilal Altintoprak of Southold purchased the property this month and is relocating his pool company, L.I. Pool Care, from its present quarters on Route 48 in Peconic.
- Ever wonder how candy canes are made? Here’s an inside look at how The Candyman in Orient produces its hand-crafted, red-and-white striped sweets.
- The popular Westhampton Beach burger joint is about to open up a new location in Mattituck, next to the movie theater.
- The proposed merger of Suffolk County National Bank with People’s United Bank will result in the layoff of 76 employees at Suffolk’s administrative offices in Riverhead.
- Apple Honda presented representatives of the coalition with a $6,250 check yesterday, the proceeds of its month-long fundraising campaign for the North Fork Breast Health Coalition.
- Main Road Biscuit Company is open for business in Jamesport, featuring a variety of baked goods like specialty muffins, scones and cookies alongside breakfast and lunch items.
- The workshop aims to teach industry pros how to take advantage of U.S. farm-raised seafood to complement the wild-caught supply of fish and shellfish.
- The lights are on, the ovens are hot and business is doing well at Espresso North Fork on Main Road in Mattituck.
- Craft Master Hops wrapped up a challenging but successful first season, harvesting “thousands of pounds” of organic hops, which are already being used by local craft brewers, and is already expanding its operation.
- Kim Cioch, long time banker with Bridgehampton National Bank, has been honored as Lender of the Year by The 504 Company.
- This year marks the 10th anniversary of Winterfest, the highly successful mid-winter celebration of music and performing arts taking place at vineyards, breweries and restaurants across the East End.
- In the past six years, BNB’s staff and customers have contributed more that $100,000 toward local food banks through the annual Apple Campaign.
- The Shores at Peconic Landing has been named one of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Nursing Homes” for a sixth consecutive year, recognizing it among the top 13 percent of nursing homes nationwide.
- Bridge Bancorp, Inc., the parent company of The Bridgehampton National Bank announced third quarter results for 2016.
- Seacoast Kitchens and Flooring is the largest design showroom on the North Fork for cabinetry, countertops, tiling and carpets, featuring exclusive brands at competitive rates.
- “Century 21 is a locally owned company that puts back into the community as opposed to bigger companies with branch offices here and corporate headquarters somewhere else,” said owner Tom Scalia.
- Riverhead Building Supply is a family-owned-and-operated independent lumber and building materials dealer with a strong focus on professional contractors.
- Profile of Joe’s Garage and Grill, which opened on the Peconic Riverfront earlier this year.