Community News and Events
- “You Can’t Beat the House” is a madcap comedy about a pair of bungling burglars who choose the wrong house to rob.
- Peconic Landing will host its 7th annual “Veterans Day Wedding Giveback.”
Cutchogue couple launches Harvest Food Box, a healthy meal delivery service with local ingredients and minimal prepA local couple takes the pain out of preparing healthy meals by delivering ready-to-cook boxes of ingredients to your doorstep.
- Pipe bands, community groups and local fire departments paraded down Main Road in Jamesport today for the East End Emerald Society’s Fourth Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Sophomore and junior girls in the Mattituck, Southold, or Greenport school districts are eligible to compete for the crown. Application deadline: April 17.
- The musical version of Les Miserables has played on stages in theaters all over the world – and now it’s coming to the North Fork performed entirely by students.
Mattituck alum puts her training in electrical engineering to work on international humanitarian missionsAmanda Gatz of Cutchogue has worked in Guatemala and is about to go to Ghana, where she will teach women to build solar charging stations. She must raise the $3,000 to purchase the required materials.
- “For me it didn’t really take a lot of thought,” said Schlachter. “He needed a kidney, I had one that I could give and I felt that if I were in his situation I would hope that somebody would step up the same way.”
- The Southold School Educational Foundation is raising funds to build a novel playground structure at the elementary school.
- North Forkers for the Common Good is sponsoring a teach-in and community discussion about the New York Health Act on March 23 in Southold.
- Are you or someone you know a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient? If so, a local Scout wants to hear from you.
- Highway crews get ready as powerful storm edges toward the North Fork.
- A bitter wind blew down Main Road in Cutchogue this afternoon, but hundreds braved the cold to cheer on marchers in the 13th annual St. Patrick’s Day parade. Photo slideshow
- The N.Y. State Senate Veterans’ Hall of Fame is designed to pay tribute to the men and women of New York who selflessly served in the U.S. Armed Forces and distinguished themselves both in military and civilian life
- Students from Mattituck High School’s Distributive Education Club (DECA) attended a four-day New York State DECA competition in Rochester this week and earned five finalist medals, a second place trophy and a third place trophy.
- The razzle-dazzle Harlem Wizards basketball team wowed the audience with its crazy antics for a Mattituck Booster Club fundraiser last night.