- Homemade corned beef is easy to make, but takes some advanced planning. Here’s how it’s done
- Irish soda bread is easy to make, says chef Kayleigh Van Vliet Baig, who shares her recipe for this St. Paddy’s Day favorite.
- Cinnamon bun pancakes with cream cheese drizzle icing.
- Forget the chili. Serve up something even impatient New Yorkers are willing to wait in line for. Bring the Halal Guys to your kitchen with this winning game day meal that’s sure to score big with everyone at your party.
- Got cabin fever? Bundle up and find out what Mother Nature has to offer you at Downs Farm Preserve during one of their many events scheduled in January.
- The Titan Challenge is the uber-race. Think Riverhead Ninja Warriors. Think Extreme Mud Run. You might be close.
- Designated bike routes are not really the “bicycle paths” the signs imply, but often merely the narrowest of shoulders at best.
- Anglers brought in sea bass, blues, fluke, porgy and scup on local waters.
- Of all of God’s creatures, service dogs are perhaps one of the greatest physical evidence of His love and protection.
- Throughout the Old Testament, references to the blowing of the trumpet, or the shofar, signify a call to pay attention and be obedient to the voice of God.
- Let the children and the child-like among us teach us how to love even in the face of rejection, how to encourage and be kind to one another. Let the children teach us to respect one another for who we are and not measure another’s value by the tasks we perform.
- The secret to love can be summarized in just three principles.
Health & Hospital
- Watch along with Michele as she guides you through a workout set to song that you can do in your own home.
- Follow along with Michele McGovern, personal trainer, as she walks you through a pyramid routine that you can do in your own home!
- For this workout, you’ll alternate different “holds” while performing the same sets of push-ups, lunges, squats, tucks and burpees.
- Join Michele McGovern, personal trainer, for her weekly fitness video! For this week’s workout, you will need a chair, mat, two paper plates (or hand towels) and one weight (optional)
Home & Garden
- The Perfect Earth Project, in conjunction with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County and The Peconic Land Trust will hold its second annual Toxin-Free Lawn and Landscape Seminar on March 3, 2016 at the Riverhead Fire Department.
- Kait’s Angels will host a Community Yard Sale tomorrow to benefit Benjamin Pileski at the Doorhy home, located at 1125 Ole Jule Lane in Mattituck.
- LOCAL experts, who know a thing or two about taking care of your lawn and garden, offer their tips for springtime lawn care.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.