- Here’s something that’s good for what ails you – chicken and dumpling soup.
- A hearty first meal for the New Year that’ll set your stomach right, it’s easy and quick to make — perfect if you were up too late having a little too much fun on New Year’s Eve.
- Long work days or afternoons filled with holiday lists that only seem to get longer are in need of a perfect ending. This velvety smooth, creamy tomato soup with cheesy croutons will do the trick.
In the Kitchen
No more boring turkey sandwiches: Spice up those leftovers with this tasty southwest soupTired of those boring leftover turkey sandwiches and bland casseroles? Here’s a delicious and easy way to serve up those leftovers with a southwestern flair.
- Got cabin fever? Bundle up and find out what Mother Nature has to offer you at Downs Farm Preserve during one of their many events scheduled in January.
- The Titan Challenge is the uber-race. Think Riverhead Ninja Warriors. Think Extreme Mud Run. You might be close.
- Designated bike routes are not really the “bicycle paths” the signs imply, but often merely the narrowest of shoulders at best.
- Anglers brought in sea bass, blues, fluke, porgy and scup on local waters.
- Forgiveness of those who have wronged us, even grievously, allows us to turn a horrendous event into a blessing.
- The season reminds us: Emmanuel, ‘God with us’ is true all the year long.
- Miracles are not so hard to believe in when you see them through the eyes of a child.
- It may take God years to respond to prayers, but the season of Advent reminds us that waiting in joyful expectation will be rewarded with an answer in the time He knows is right.
Health & Hospital
- Watch along with Michele as she guides you through a workout set to song that you can do in your own home.
- Follow along with Michele McGovern, personal trainer, as she walks you through a pyramid routine that you can do in your own home!
- For this workout, you’ll alternate different “holds” while performing the same sets of push-ups, lunges, squats, tucks and burpees.
- Join Michele McGovern, personal trainer, for her weekly fitness video! For this week’s workout, you will need a chair, mat, two paper plates (or hand towels) and one weight (optional)
Home & Garden
- The Perfect Earth Project, in conjunction with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County and The Peconic Land Trust will hold its second annual Toxin-Free Lawn and Landscape Seminar on March 3, 2016 at the Riverhead Fire Department.
- Kait’s Angels will host a Community Yard Sale tomorrow to benefit Benjamin Pileski at the Doorhy home, located at 1125 Ole Jule Lane in Mattituck.
- LOCAL experts, who know a thing or two about taking care of your lawn and garden, offer their tips for springtime lawn care.
- Read Mary Anne Corwin’s tips for how to organize even the messiest of utensil drawers in this week’s A Place for Everything.