- Got cabin fever? Bundle up and find out what Mother Nature has to offer you at Downs Farm Preserve during one of their many events scheduled in January.
- The Titan Challenge is the uber-race. Think Riverhead Ninja Warriors. Think Extreme Mud Run. You might be close.
- Designated bike routes are not really the “bicycle paths” the signs imply, but often merely the narrowest of shoulders at best.
- Anglers brought in sea bass, blues, fluke, porgy and scup on local waters.
- Jamaica Bay is a birder’s paradise – it’s one of the best places on Long Island to see birds, and September is a great time to see migratory species.
- Here’s what’s biting and where in local waters on the East End this week.
- Sea Tow Foundation is offering boaters peace of mind on the water with emergency beacon rentals available online thanks to a donation by a Florida manufacturer.