- The Southold woman severely burned on a Southold High School athletic field Jan. 5 has succumbed to her injuries.
- The suspect was described by police as a light-skinned male subject wearing a green jacket, black baseball cap with red trim, gray sweat pants and black sneakers.
- The 85-year-old driver of a Subaru “failed the hit the brake” when she attempted to stop her vehicle.
- At least three people were injured when an SUV and a Cutchogue Fire Department ambulance were involved in a collision on County Road 48 near the Sunset Motel in Greenport today at about 11:40 a.m.
- High school coach, students make valiant effort to put out the flames and save the woman, whose condition is unknown.
- Two North Fork residents are facing robbery charges in connection with two armed hold-ups in Riverhead Town.
- A 45-year-old Florida man was injured when his car was in a collision with a drunk driver on Hummel Avenue in Southold, according to town police.
Countywide Police News