Girls Basketball Playoffs
Mattituck advances to county semifinals with 58-54 win over Port JeffersonMattituck took back the lead, buckled down and played some stifling defense in the fourth quarter for a huge win over Port Jefferson to claim the B-C championship.
- Mattituck claimed the Class B title for the second consecutive year with a win over McGann-Mercy today at Riverhead High School.
- It was a tough upset for the Porters, who were held to a season-low 35 points by a dominating Stony Brook defense yesterday in the Class C title game.
- After ending the first half trailing Pierson by three, the Porters regrouped and mounted a remarkable comeback, for an 83-60 win in the C-bracket playoff.
- Greenport defeated Southold 87-59 at Southold High School. It was a real rim-ringer played in front of a packed Southold gym as Greenport made short work of a depleted Southold team.
- Port Jeff was ready and able when Liz Dwyer and the Tuckers rolled into town this afternoon. Mattituck tried to get going, but Port Jeff would have none of it.
- Mattituck blew past McGann-Mercy last night at McGann-Mercy High School in Riverhead.