Local tech start-up will live stream Brady Rymer concert from Southold Elementary to schools around the worldBrady Rymer, a Grammy-nominated musician and children’s performer based in Southold, will play a concert tomorrow morning for Southold Elementary School that will be live-streamed in classrooms from Kenya to the Philippines.
- Third grade is the time when most students stop learning to read and instead read to learn. It’s the perfect time for them to get their own dictionaries and thanks to this generous program sponsored by Peconic Landing, hundreds of them do.
Greenport school district wins $68,820 state grant to support farm-to-school program for North Fork schoolsGreenport school district is one of two districts in Suffolk to be awarded a N.Y. State Agriculture and Markets farm-to school grant to supply fresh, locally grown foods to students across the North Fork and Shelter Island, Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone announced today.
- An estimated 1,000 runners turned out Thanksgiving morning for the Mattituck-Cutchogue Teachers Association’s 11th annual turkey trot in Mattituck.
- The Mercy on Mission student group presented the V.A. Medical Center with a $13,000 donation, raised by the group during the 2015-2016 school year.
Southold students will stream live election night coverage online from their high school studio tonightIn a first for high school student journalism on the North Fork — and maybe on all of Long Island — Southold student journalists will be live-streaming election coverage tonight from the studio of SOHO TV at Southold High School.
- Almost, Maine tells the story of a small town so far north it “almost” feels like it’s a part of Canada.
Girls Basketball Playoffs
Mattituck advances to county semifinals with 58-54 win over Port JeffersonMattituck took back the lead, buckled down and played some stifling defense in the fourth quarter for a huge win over Port Jefferson to claim the B-C championship.
- Mattituck claimed the Class B title for the second consecutive year with a win over McGann-Mercy today at Riverhead High School.
- It was a tough upset for the Porters, who were held to a season-low 35 points by a dominating Stony Brook defense yesterday in the Class C title game.
- After ending the first half trailing Pierson by three, the Porters regrouped and mounted a remarkable comeback, for an 83-60 win in the C-bracket playoff.