- Third grade is the time when most students stop learning to read and instead read to learn. It’s the perfect time for them to get their own dictionaries and thanks to this generous program sponsored by Peconic Landing, hundreds of them do.
Greenport school district wins $68,820 state grant to support farm-to-school program for North Fork schoolsGreenport school district is one of two districts in Suffolk to be awarded a N.Y. State Agriculture and Markets farm-to school grant to supply fresh, locally grown foods to students across the North Fork and Shelter Island, Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone announced today.
- An estimated 1,000 runners turned out Thanksgiving morning for the Mattituck-Cutchogue Teachers Association’s 11th annual turkey trot in Mattituck.
- The Mercy on Mission student group presented the V.A. Medical Center with a $13,000 donation, raised by the group during the 2015-2016 school year.
Southold students will stream live election night coverage online from their high school studio tonightIn a first for high school student journalism on the North Fork — and maybe on all of Long Island — Southold student journalists will be live-streaming election coverage tonight from the studio of SOHO TV at Southold High School.
- Almost, Maine tells the story of a small town so far north it “almost” feels like it’s a part of Canada.
- Madison, of Hampton Bays, scored in the top 2.5 % of Hispanics and Latinos who took the PSAT.
- The league-leading Tuckers pulled out an exciting win last night in Bridgehampton, when Corrine Reeda sunk the game-winning layup with just 5 seconds left on the clock.
- Ahkee Anderson scored 17 points to lead the Porters to victory over Port Jefferson last night at Greenport High School.
- Southold got past McGann-Mercy in a non-league game yesterday at Southold High School.
- Mattituck defended its undefeated League VII record last night and handed Port Jefferson its first league loss with a 48-43 win at Mattituck High School.