- Southold Town has canceled its Memorial Day parade this year due to heavy rain and possible thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow.
- A crowd turned out to First and Main Street in New Suffolk to enjoy six different locally prepared chowders and a full barbecue lunch.
- Proceeds from the event benefit the Mattituck Fire Department Scholarship Fund.
- Thousands of volunteers decorated more than 230,000 graves at Calverton National Cemetery with small U.S. flags in the 22nd annual flag placement day conducted by Suffolk County scout troops.
- All students grades seven through 12 learned how to do chest compressions as part of a state mandate for hands-on resuscitation training.
Need an extra life jacket for the day? Southold boy helps Sea Tow Foundation with new life jacket loaner standOne Southold boy has taken it upon himself to promote safe boating for other children on local waters by volunteering to manage a new life jacket loaner stand this summer for Sea Tow Foundation.
Fallen deputy sheriffs and correction officers remembered in ceremonies at Suffolk correctional facilitySuffolk correction officers and deputy sheriffs who died in service were honored today at a memorial service at the Suffolk County Correctional Facility in Riverside.
Greenport Harbor Brewing Company gears up for summer with double brewing capacity, new series of beersWith demand at an all-time high, Greenport Harbor Brewing Company is nearly doubling its brewing capacity with four brand new fermenters just installed this week. The four 90-barrel fermenters, which can each hold up to 2,800 gallons of beer, represent a 70 percent increase in brewing capacity for the North Fork’s ...
- Learn about and purchase native plants to enhance your landscape and provide important food sources for local pollinators May 28 and 29 at the North Fork Audubon Society Native Plant Sale.
- Bountiful zucchini harvest? Here’s a way to make them into a delicious snack the whole family will enjoy.
- May 17 is tax grievance day in Suffolk County. The day is both the deadline for filing tax grievances and the day on which the local board of assessment review sits to hear grievances in a public forum.
Public Meetings Calendar