- The public hearing has been postponed until next Thursday at 4:30 p.m. at LTV Studios in Wainscott.
- “That’s living life on the edge, with two rounds left after this one. It’s like living paycheck to paycheck,” Southold Highway Superintendent Vincent Orlando said.
- Check back to SoutholdLOCAL for updates.
- All North Fork school districts are closed today.
- A vote on the matter will take place Tuesday, March 10, at the Mattituck Park District office at Veterans Park from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Advance purchase tickets, which cost $12 for adults and $8 students & seniors will be on sale at the Southold Free Library beginning Monday
Winter storm warning issued for sleet, heavy snow tonight through Thursday, as highway crews scramble for road saltA winter storm is expected to drop 4-8 inches of accumulating sleet and snow tonight and tomorrow, as local highway crews find themselves ‘critically low’ on road salt supplies.
- The debate will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. and both mayoral and trustee candidates will answer questions.
Officials face critical road salt shortage as winter storms approach — and no deliveries are in sightWith salt supplies at critically low levels and winter storms bearing down on the area tonight through Thursday evening, the sole supplier of road salt to municipalities across Long Island — as well as NYC, Westchester and Rockland — has told local highway officials not to expect any deliveries.
- Join Michele McGovern, personal trainer, for her weekly fitness video! For this week’s workout, you will need a chair, mat, two paper plates (or hand towels) and one weight (optional)
Public Meetings Calendar