- Multi-trailer trucks up to 84 feet long would be allowed on roads in the federal national highway system network, which includes Sound Avenue, Route 48 and Route 25 in the Town of Southold.
- No charges were filed in the accident, Southold Town police said.
- The Greenport man was charged with assault in the second degree, a felony, police said.
- Kait’s Angels was formed as a philanthropic organization aimed at helping those in need with angel acts of kindness, all in memory of Kaitlyn Doorhy.
- The first PBMC Health Jamesport Triathlon saw 228 people, from age 15 to 78, finish the grueling swim-bike-run competition. Photos— and results of locals who finished.
- The event, held at Founders Landing, included live music.
Benjamin Pileski’s mom said move from Stony Brook to St. Charles Hospital to begin rehab offers ‘hope’“Ben moving to St Charles gives me hope, as every small step has given me,” his mom Gwen DeFriest said.
- The Greenport voted on a resolution to withdraw a controversial Fifth Street drainage swale and to specify that only the Manor Place portion of the project will be undertaken and completed.
- “All Shook Up” runs through August 9 at the North Fork Community Theatre.
- Who can resist a crispy outside with cheesy filling—stuffed with citrus shrimp topped by sour cream, guacamole, and salsa?
Public Meetings Calendar