- The accident took place on Route 48 and Cox Lane in Cutchogue, police said.
- All in attendance at an informal gathering geared toward discussion of short-term rentals in Greenport today agreed that enforcement is critical.
- No injuries were initially reported, officials at the scene said.
- The state’s highest court won’t review an appellate court ruling that declared illegal Suffolk County government’s “borrowing” of $30 million from the county Drinking Water Protection Program without a voter referendum. The N.Y. State Court of Appeals on Thursday, Aug. 27 denied the county’s motion for leave to appeal the Appellate ...
- Fireworks begin at about 8:15 p.m. tomorrow. Guests are asked to bring blankets and chairs.
- The roundtable discussion on short-term rentals in Greenport will take place tomorrow at 9 a.m. at the Loft on Front Street.
- The defendant was held overnight to await arraignment, police said.
- Controversy continued to swirl last night over a bulkhead project in Greenport that was allowed to proceed without a village permit; some raised significant environmental concerns. In July, two resolutions were greenlighted. One directed the village’s Conservation Advisory Council to review the wetlands permit application submitted by Costello Marine Contracting Corporation ...
- The “Land & Sea” event is the Friday night kickoff to the Maritime Festival activities.
- Is your fruit going bad? Over-ripened fruit is never appealing (and can be somewhat sad), but in some cases it can only mean one thing: It’s time to bake! Over-ripened fruit that hasn’t made it to death’s door yet is perfect for baking – breads, pies and, of course, muffins! I enjoy a good muffin every ...
Public Meetings Calendar