- The new tree bank will allow developers to trade cash for trees.
- Local members are signing up to join the Guardian Angels and keep their streets, and their children, safe from gangs in the area.
- Shoppers who buy holiday gifts at Robert’s Jewelers in Southold are praying for snow.
- Southold Police said an investigation of the burglaries is active and ongoing.
- One Peconic couple said their quality of life could be compromised with the odors and traffic generated by a shrimp farm in a residential area.
- The woman allegedly stole several hundred dollars from her former workplace, police said.
Orient residents voice fears over potential large homes that could destroy view, change character of communityMembers of the public expressed fears that a treasured view in Orient could be gone forever.
John Costello’s blood tested over twice the legal limit; judge says two are ‘friends,’ bail remains $250Judge Rudolph Bruer said John Costello had been a friend for 30 years and their children had dated; he said he’d be recusing himself at the next court appearance.