- The day after the district cancelled the Greenport Porters varsity football team’s season, school officials said they’ll host a ceremony Friday night to honor seniors.
- Many Southold property owners have voiced opposition to the plan, stating that they would not stand to benefit from the proposed benefits of a national historic corridor.
- Neighbors said jitney-sized buses were making U-turns near Vineyard 48 in Cutchogue this weekend.
- Two other suspects in an alleged Southold gang attack were indicted Wednesday morning, with a third slated to follow later in the day.
Photos: Scores turn out for Southold Rotary Club’s annual scallop dinner fundraiser at the Soundview RestaurantThe Southold Rotary Club’s annual event helps to fund scholarships and other community projects.
- One of the suspects was indicted in Suffolk County Criminal Court on Tuesday and was held in lieu of $500,000 bail.
- Bulletproof plexiglass will be installed below the dais to protect judges during a potential shooting, Southold Town Councilwoman Jill Doherty said Tuesday.
- The Greenport village board will continue to discuss whether or not to allow mass public assembly permits at Mitchell Park at next month’s work session.