- Local officials are upset with a county bill, passed today by the legislature, that they say will usurp the town’s zoning and land use powers — a charge county officials deny.
- Some residents are calling for “an immediate moratorium on subdivisions and flag lots” in the Village of Greenport. Bob Kehl of Fifth Avenue submitted a petition with 38 signatures to the village board last night and said he is continuing to collect more signatures seeking the moratorium. Kehl and Jo Anne McEntee, ...
- The village board last night voted unanimously and without discussion to reduce the elected officials’ family plan benefit to an individual plan that officials could expand at their own expense.
- The sweet sounds of a cappella four-part harmony, barbershop style, filled the meeting room of Mattituck Laurel Library Sunday afternoon. Photos and video
- The North Fork Breast Health Coalition was a beneficiary of several breast cancer awareness month fundraising promotions, including one at Apple Honda that netted nearly $5,000 for the group’s efforts to assist breast cancer patients
- Hallockville Museum Farm’s 24th annual Country Parlor Holiday Home Show is taking place this weekend in the Naugles Barn.
- He’s got the long white beard, the cherry nose, the twinkling blue eyes and the round belly that shakes when he laughs like a bowl full of jelly. But the secret to his authenticity, says North Fork Santa Tom Fox: He’s a child at heart.
Caroling, cookies and Kris Kringle: Southold Historical Society welcomes Christmas season on the North ForkIt’s a time-honored, North Fork Christmas tradition: Southold Historical Society hosts annual candlelight tour and tree lighting. Photos and video
- While Black Friday may bring in the deals today at the big-name chain stores, local residents will have another shot to save on local holiday gifts on Nov. 28 during Small Business Saturday.
- I stared out that window, trying to figure out the appeal of this dark autumn day. I realized that my eyes were drawn to the contrast of the gold and red leaves against the dark sky, which actually made the autumn colors richer and deeper. It was stunning.
Public Meetings Calendar