- The federal EPA published a proposed new rule designating a two-square nautical mile area northwest of Fishers Island as a dredge material dump site which will be used for the next 30 years.
In honor of 9/11, local ‘warriors’ climb to the top of One World Trade Center for second year in a rowThese locals train every week at Horton’s Point to climb to the top of the One World Trade Center for the Tunnel to Towers climb May 15.
- The second village-wide power outage in two weeks has left Greenport Village without electricity this morning.
- For the first time in decades, the Suffolk County Legislature will hold its committee meetings in Riverhead next week in the run-up to a Riverhead general meeting.
- There have been more cases of tick-borne diseases reported on the East End than anywhere else in Suffolk County in recent years, according to a new report released by the Suffolk County Department of Health Services
- Two out of three LIE eastbound and westbound travel lanes between exits 68 and 69 will be closed each night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m, weather permitting, through mid-summer for bridge maintenance.
Sports East plans — from membership rates to septic disposal — aired at Mattituck-Laurel Civic meetingThe developer of the proposed Sports East Fitness facility told Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association members he is no longer interested in selling the property for preservation — something he said last year he was willing to do. “Something better came along,” Paul Pawlowski said.
Bellone calls for ballot referendum on public water surcharge; local officials say plan is not yet ready for prime timeThe proposed public water surcharge would fund sewer and septic system upgrades county-wide.
Locals Making a Difference
From Strawberry Queen to award-winning construction engineer, 23-year-old Southold native shatters stereotypesFormer Mattituck Strawberry Festival Queen Jessica Orlando is now an engineer leading construction crews in the field as she builds a new museum in Washington DC.
- Meat eating is sometimes a big deal in our household. I’ve said emphatically in the past my husband is a carnivore who will never decline a piece of meat. If I want to see him smiling ear to ear at the dinner table, a steak, a whole chicken or even a juicy pot roast will ...
- Town officials are holding three public input community meetings to gather input and feedback on the draft land use chapter of the comprehensive plan update that’s been in the works since 2010.
Public Meetings Calendar