Smooth sailing as Greenport’s Tall Ships festival unfurls without a hitch, last day to enjoy the funTours continue on the Tall Ships until 6 p.m. tonight.
- The first Dances in the Park of the season brought an unprecedented, joyful crowd to Greenport.
Family of young Mattituck man hit by taxi expresses deep gratitude to community for outpouring of love, supportHis family said while Benjamin Pileski, 20, is not out of the woods yet, prayers from the many who’ve rallied to help him are carrying him through.
- Both men were taken to Southampton Hospital for treatment of possible head injuries, police said.
- All dances begin at 7:30 p.m. in Greenport’s Mitchell Park.
- The Hermione will be tied up in Greenport through tomorrow night.
Community prays for local young man critically injured after he and another Mattituck friend struck by taxi in MontaukBenjamin Pileski and his friend Justin Tyler were crossing the road in Montauk when both were struck by a taxi early Sunday morning, Tyler’s mother said.
- None of the injuries were life-threatening, police said.
- The carnival continues tomorrow in Greenport with fireworks scheduled again for 10 p.m. at the Polo Grounds on Moores Lane.
- God’s grace is evident in a woman’s strength as she faces the end of life, cut short by a debilitating disease.
Public Meetings Calendar