- Next up in Southold’s year-long 375th anniversary celebration is Mile Marker Day on May 16.
- Teens spent Saturday night dancing in Southold and learning about drug and alcohol prevention.
After internet plea propels pup to international fame, other dogs find new homes due to magic of social mediaSocial media has played a powerful role in helping Gabby Stroup of the North Fork Animal Welfare League find homes for dogs who’ve been in the shelter for years.
- A soft opening for the new Deep Water Bar and Grille is slated for May 8, with a grand opening celebration to follow in June.
- The man was heading east on County Road 48 in Peconic, just east of Peconic Lane, when he hit the deer, officials said.
- The free event included guided nature walks, animal presentations, organic gardening, live music, artisanal products, raffle items, and crafts for kids.
- Funeral arrangements are scheduled for today, from 3-6 p.m. at the DeFriest-Grattan Funeral Homes, Inc., 13805 Main Road in Mattituck.
- “Fluke Fairness Act” would reform the current system that governs fluke regulation by creating a regional approach for updating quotas based on sound geographic, scientific and economic data, the legislators said yesterday.
- A kickoff press conference for the Tall Ships 2015 event will take place on May 5.
- Having service dogs in the family can teach us many valuable lessons about loyalty, love and life.
Public Meetings Calendar