- Athletes were smiling at a senior recognition night in Greenport only days after varsity players saw their season cancelled this week.
New Ebola screening protocols, including mandatory quarantines, in NY; two returning travelers in Suffolk being monitoredAs state steps up monitoring of West Africa travelers, and announces mandatory quarantine of people who’ve had direct contact with Ebola victims, East Moriches school district alerts parents that relatives of an employee are among those being monitored, but employee “currently poses no risk.”
- CSEA members have worked for almost three years without a contract in Southold Town.
- Hampton Jitney buses will run in three loops this year to bring visitors to enjoy the bounty of the North Fork during the harvest “shoulder” season; the shuttles could one day be permanent.
- The special event to honor senior Porters and cheerleaders will take place Friday at 7 p.m. on the Greenport High School football field.
- The agricultural tour included stops at Shinn Estate Vineyards and Harbes on the North Fork.
- The day after the district cancelled the Greenport Porters varsity football team’s season, school officials said they’ll host a ceremony Friday night to honor seniors.
- Many Southold property owners have voiced opposition to the plan, stating that they would not stand to benefit from the proposed benefits of a national historic corridor.