- While Black Friday may bring in the deals today at the big-name chain stores, local residents will have another shot to save on local holiday gifts on Nov. 28 during Small Business Saturday.
- The holiday season is upon the East End and local historical societies are ready to celebrate this weekend.
- More than 1,000 people burned off some calories before sitting down to holiday dinner yesterday in the 10th Annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot in Mattituck. Eighteen-year-old Everest Crawford of Glouster, Massachusetts finished first overall with a time of 15:53.5. Suzy Heffernan, 45, of Cutchogue, was the first female finisher, crossing the finish ...
In true Thanksgiving spirit, congregation serves up free meals today despite loss of church buildingFirst Universalist Church usually holds its annual Thanksgiving dinner in its church’s parish hall, but the event will take place this year at the Southold American Legion.
- After years of Black Friday madness encroaching further and further on Thanksgiving Day family time, several chain stores are refusing to open their doors until well after Thanksgiving dinner is finished – and some are opening only several hours earlier than usual on Friday November 27.
- There’s no place like home for the holidays, but sometimes getting there can be a little tricky. Planning on traveling this Thanksgiving? Here’s what you need to know.
- Three resolutions pertaining to repairs of one of the Fishers Island Ferry District’s two ferries will be taken up by the Southold Town Board this morning at 9.
Orient native looks forward to living in his own home — against the odds —in the town where he grew upMike Bredemeyer had lost hope of ever owning his own home in the town where he grew up and has lived all his life — until Habitat for Humanity called last April. “To be able to have a house in Orient, where my grandma is around the corner and my ...
- Southold Town Police said they arrested a “highly intoxicated” man in a Greenport bar last night after they found he had an outstanding order of protection requiring him to refrain from drinking or possessing alcohol.
- I stared out that window, trying to figure out the appeal of this dark autumn day. I realized that my eyes were drawn to the contrast of the gold and red leaves against the dark sky, which actually made the autumn colors richer and deeper. It was stunning.
Public Meetings Calendar